04 September, 2011

Apartment!

So it’s official. I’m moved into an apartment. Thanks to a deal worked out with a friend, dragging suitcases across town got a lot easier. Now, about the apartment…I posted these to facebook but I’ll just repeat everything for people who don’t look at that.

This is the dining area in the kitchen. The door on the left goes out to the amazing courtyard, and the stairs on the right go up to a double bedroom where two French students live. The cupboard under the stairs is full of dishes and pans.

The other half of the kitchen. I was pleasantly surprised when I found this place, because I was prepared for the fact that most French apartments have a mini fridge, a microwave, and two hot plates as a kitchen. So I was very excited to have a real stove, and a real oven. To the right, is a hallway which my room and another single bedroom is off of. To the left, is the door to leave the apartment and another single bedroom. The double doors off to the side are the living room.
…and this is that living room. Most apartments don’t have a separate living room, so this is nice. By the way, having all these nice things is only possible because there’s 5 people living here.

This is the hallway past the kitchen that the living room is to the left of. Our fridge, microwave, and some food storage the first thing on the right. Then the next three doors is the toilet (the toilet and the shower are always separate in France), and then two shower stall rooms. There’s also a full bathroom upstairs for the other two girls, so there’s no problems with that.
This is my room. The perfect size for just me.
Nice little sink, vanity, and storage…just for me.
The other side of my room. A nice desk area, more shelves, and an armoire that I have all my clothes in.
And then the garden. There’s even a fountain.

So anyhow…that’s my apartment. I’m a fan.

If you want to look on a map where I am, my address is 10 Rue du 4 Septembre. Don’t send mail there though.

If you want to send me mail***, please send it to:

Carly Wilson, Academic Program in Aix
30 Rue Victor Hugo
13110 Aix-en-Provence
France

***by mail, I mean letters. Not packages. If you want to send me a package, let me know. There’s more specific info you would need. And don’t send checks. They can’t be cashed here, and literally need to be sent back to the US before anything could be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment