05 April, 2011

What are you doing?

Studying abroad has always been a part of my academic plan, but finding a program wasn't very easy. I knew I wanted to go for longer than a semester, and I wanted to go to France. When it came to programs that UW-Milwaukee offered that met those specifications, I had three options. One was for business students, which I am not, and the other two were in Paris. I did not want to go to Paris. Nothing against Paris, I just didn't want to live there for a year ($$$$$).

Thankfully, the UW System (as long as THAT still exists...) compiles into one database all the study abroad programs offered by UW schools. It was there that I found out about this program that I will be going on next year. It had the option for lasting an academic year, wasn't in Paris, was open to non-UW-Madison students who were Wisconsin residents, AND I get to take classes at a political science school. PERFECT.

So a little but about the school...here's the blurb from their website:
"Founded in 1956, Sciences Po Aix is one of the nine Political Studies Institutes in France, and the only one situated on the Mediterranean coast. It is a ‘Grande Ecole’ in the university and combines a culture of excellence and multidisciplinary ambition, resolutely pointing towards firms (60% of our graduates), high-ranking civil service (entrance exams) and research. "

That's pretty much it. No pictures. If I run a Google Image search on the school 1/3 of what comes up is some old door. Don't know what that's about, and at the moment I don't really care.

More updates to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment