04 April, 2011

Where are you going?


Since I'd like to use this blog to keep my family updated on my adventures, first I should probably explain where I'm going. Aix-en-Provence is a town of about 114,000 people in the south of France, located just outside Marseille, a major city in the south. In a form that most normal people can understand, it's pronounced "Ecks on pro-vahnce". French uses something called "nasal vowels" that we don't use in English, and there's 2 of them in the name...so it's hard for me to type it out phonetically for an American to understand.
As you can see, that's southeast France, near Italy and the Mediterranean Sea. Aix is actually accessible via Google Street View if you're familiar...feel free to look it up and drop the little person in the old city center, it's really a cool looking place. I found a decent video that shows you around the city/area a little bit. There'e plenty more videos on the internet, feel free to look them up, but the one I linked to was the best quality one I could find.



I'll explain more every now and then...this busy girl doesn't have time to type everything up in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment