13 May, 2012

I love the internet.

I don't know how people would have studied abroad in the dark times, pre internet. Only having boats/planes/telephones to send information back and forth across the ocean seems too archaic. I know the thought of leaving all friends and family behind for nine months is scary to some people, but it wasn't especially difficult in my opinion (once I finally got a stable internet connection). Of course it wasn't an ideal situation and I have missed everyone terribly, but easy communication is still possible. I might not understand the internet....

...but I'm forever indebted to its black magic for making my life this year easier.

I bring this up right now because from time to time, like just now, I hop onto Google Maps and take a "streetview" tour of my favorite places back home. It does wonders for homesickness. In 19 days, I'll be back in Wisconsin. I'm going to fling open the car door, run into the house, hug any human family members that are home, find my cat and hope she remembers me, and then wrestle with some dogs. And then repeat...several times. I'm really excited to come home, so much so that I think I might just be screaming the entire drive from O'Hare to my house (Sorry in advance Mom+Andrea) . But when I turn around the corner and see this (minus cars/trees that are no longer there), I'm probably going to lose my shit.


PS I'm still loving France lots and having so much fun and sun and complicated feelings that I don't want to explain now. I'll save that for another post.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment