04 May, 2012

One year.


I think I’ve earned a break from studying.

One year ago today, I was an RA throwing together a Star Wars themed, end of the year, academic recognition banquet for the lovely residents of West Tower. Today, I’m having friends over to watch Star Wars and drink some wine, because we’re in France and that’s what you do here.

Days like today make excellent points of reflection for how far I’ve come. And when I get home, they’ll be little reminders of everything that this year was. For example, a few things that immediately come to mind:


·        October 1st was spent swimming and tanning on an uninhabited island in the Mediterranean
·        Halloween was in Paris
·        Thanksgiving was spent sharing the tradition with a few dozen international friends
·        Christmas, I was mostly alone, huddled around a computer screen talking to my family via Skype
·        Carlyfest was in Milan
·        Leap Day was spent walking to Germany from Strasbourg
·        Easter was also in Paris

I’m 22 years old. I can say that I’ve lived in a foreign country for almost a year, and that’s pretty badass.

Happy Star Wars Day, and may the Force be with you. 

                                
Skype Christmas 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment